XML is boring/RDF maps available

Daniel B. Austin daniela at cnet.com
Fri Sep 11 23:15:04 BST 1998

Hi fellow XML-ers,

> This is the first 'real' non-textual XML file I have
> downloaded from an
> 'unknown' site and I'm delighted with how it all works.

	I'd like to point out that there are some other XML files online. In fact,
CNET has RDF site maps for all of its sites available at:
http://www.cnet.com/RDF

These maps were created (by me) several months ago to demonstrate the
feasability of
using RDF for site maps for large websites. These maps are more than just
the top
level URLs avialable on CNET.COM, they clearly and visually represent the
information
architecture of the sites. These are 'real' XML files, and include
(rudimentary)
namespace prefixes, etc.

Thanks are due also to R.V. Guha for his help in preparing these files for
Mozilla (NS5).

Just so no one thinks that XML is not in use on the web, even for clients...

Regards,

D-
Daniel Austin, Director of Development, Creative Services, CNET
daniela at cnet.com <mailto:daniela at cnet.com> 415-395-7800 x1438
"To change the old into the new, and the shapes of things to come..."

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)