XML is boring (long --- sorry)

Don Park donpark at quake.net
Sat Sep 12 23:40:16 BST 1998

>I talk to a lot of journalists.  The #1 question I get is: "What will the
>impact of XML be from the user point of view?"  My sound-bite answer is
>"The web should look about the same, but work a lot faster.  And search
>engine results should get a lot better."
>
>I believe in both those predictions.
>
>Is that boring?

No.  It is just not exciting.

My motto when dealing with press is try to tell them what they want to hear:
"The web will look unrecognizably different from what it is now and work too
fast to be useful.  And search engines will return information you really
need rather than what you asked for."  <g>

Don

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)