MSXML Parser

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at ifi.uio.no
Mon Sep 14 11:52:54 BST 1998

* Jonathan Robie

| Can anybody share their experiences with the MSXML parser? How does
| this compare to any other validating XML parser? Are there
| significant differences that I should be aware of?

It isn't updated to the final XML 1.0 recommendation and appears to be
abandoned. Microsoft has released a beta of their new XML parser which
seems to be developed by DataChannel. (Strangely, DataChannel still
seem to offer DXP beta 1d.)

(See <URL:http://www.datachannel.com/xml.html>)

I don't know anything about this new parser, but I'm not too excited
about it when there are so many other good Java parsers in XML. You
can take your pick at:

<URL:http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/linker/xmltools/by-platform.html#Java>

--Lars M.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)