xml/xsl and MS activeX control

Andrew Bunner bunner at massquantities.com
Thu Sep 17 18:34:35 BST 1998

>Also consider using the java stuff from jjc and others as this is more
>up-to-date than the ms offering, IMHO provides you with alot more power and
>control.

  I would have to disagree.

  MSXSL gives you the <define-script> tag which puts it leaps and bounds
ahead of the other XSL processors in terms of control. What's more, MSXSL
allows you to include the <SCRIPT> tag in your generated file without
escaping all your comparison operators.

  I'm using XT, but only because I wanted to learn the working draft. In my
opinion, the proposed note that MSXSL implements is more immediately
useful. I've made XT work the way I want it to by post-processing its
output (if I had a Java development environment, I would probably have
altered the way XT spits out the result tree)

  I'm told that the second way (altering how the XSL processor spits out
the result tree) is the right way to use XSL to generate HTML.

-- Andrew

   Andrew Bunner
   President, Founder Mass Quantities, Inc.
   Professional Supplements for the Perfect Physique
   http://www.massquantities.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)