Namespaces from where?

Marcus Carr mrc at allette.com.au
Sun Sep 20 08:20:02 BST 1998

Tim Bray wrote:

> Users and developers *can* be represented; but they have to pay for
> the
> privilege.  Since the amounts aren't exorbitant, it seems like a good
> practical bozo-filter to me.

Perhaps a clarification of "bozo-filter" wouldn't go astray here. Is a
bozo one who contributes time and energy to these initiatives even
though they can't realise an immediate financial gain (and therefore
can't justify the annual membership), or is a bozo one who is so
involved with the promulgation of their own software that they'll spend
the money on the off-chance that they'll be able to influence (sorry, I
mean contribute to) the process? In short, is the filter supposed to
exclude bozos, or facilitate their import? Is the code available? I can
think of many other uses for such a clever piece of work.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                 email:  mrc at allette.com.au
Allette Systems (Australia) email:  info at allette.com.au
Level 10, 91 York Street    www:    http://www.allette.com.au
Sydney 2000 NSW Australia   phone:  +61 2 9262 4777
                            fax:    +61 2 9262 4774