XSchema review ends 9/23/98

Ron Bourret rbourret at dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Sep 21 11:32:32 BST 1998

This is just a reminder that the (almost) final review of sections 1-3 and
appendixes A, B, and D of XSchema ends 9/23/98.  You can find the current spec
at:

   http://www.simonstl.com/xschema/spec/xscspecv2.htm

Based on comments so far, it looks like we will make the following changes:

* Add an Enumeration element above EnumerationValue and (?) add Enumeration to
the content model of XSchema.  This improves grouping of enumerations and allows
for easier reuse.

* Eliminate Model from the content model of Model, but leave it in Choice and
Seq.  There seems to be no good reason for directly nested Models.

* Add More and Doc to the content model of UnparsedEntity.  This matches the
content model of Notation and was an oversight in the original design.

* Clarify that if an XSchema document does not use prefixes on any elements
except More and Doc (and always uses XSC: for them), a non-namespace-aware
processor can interpret the document.  This is possible because the document
will match the XSchema DTD and because there are no GI collisions between
XSchema and IBTWSH.

* Somehow resolve namespaces when referring to elements from Ref, AttGroup, and
AttDef (see separate mail).

Any changes we make will be open for another week of review, but everything else
will be frozen.

-- Ron Bourret

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)