XML IDL and XML RPC

Joe Lapp jlapp at webmethods.com
Wed Sep 23 05:55:43 BST 1998

At 07:47 PM 9/22/1998 -0700, Rex Brooks wrote:
>I only recently subscribed to this mailing list in order to better
>understand xml and how it was developing in relation to IDL and distributed
>computing in general.

I apologize if I sounded too upbeat about our product architecture.
I'm not sure how to sound otherwise about it.

Please let me know if I didn't clearly portray one effective way to
make XML and distributed computing work together.  You asked someone
to compare the webMethods, CORBA, and ILU architectures.  I don't
know anything about ILU, but I believe I gave pretty good coverage
for the remainder of your question.

Please also let me know how I might have reworded things so that it
sounds more informative and less salesmanlike.  It would be useful
for me to know whether the problem was with the information or with
the tone.

>I am beginning to be gravely disappointed at the
>extent to which this is a list mainly populated by self-serving vendors and
>authors. Is this really true, or am I just stepping in during a
>particularly ugly patch of competing offers?

Well, that extent is now one author who may have committed a faux pas.
I wouldn't grow worried too soon.  Beat on me a bit, but don't jump ship.

P.S. I have options with my company, but I don't make a single cent off
of any of the articles I've written.  I'll sign up for the vendor-selling-
wares error, but I pointed you to the book because it answers your question.
--
Joe Lapp             | Senior Engineer
jlapp at webmethods.com | webMethods, Inc.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)