XSchema: Sections 5.0 and 5.1

Ron Bourret rbourret at dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Sep 23 21:14:04 BST 1998

John Cowan wrote:
> Ron Bourret wrote:
>
> > [1] XSchemaPI ::= '<?xschema' S XSchemaID S? '?>'
>
> Why the funky lower case?  "XSchema" here as elsewhere.

I started with XSchema and then thought xschema was easier to type (says he who
proposed mixed case element names).  I'll change it.

> Also, there can be S after the "<?".

Not true.  See production [16] in the XML spec.

> > [2] XSchemaID ::= 'xschema' Eq SystemLiteral
>
> Some provision needs to be made for a PubIdLiteral as well.

I wondered about this.  I'll change the xschema in [2] to SYSTEM and add a
production for PUBLIC.  Two questions:

1) Are there any conventions in PIs for use/no use of equals signs?

2) Do we always require a system identifier or are the choices system / public /
both?

-- Ron

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)