[Fwd: Sun XML early access]

Bill la Forge b.laforge at jxml.com
Sat Sep 26 17:10:29 BST 1998

>> > I'd prefer to have the Element contain a "userObject"
>> > pointer to the business object.
>
>Such a delegation approach is necessary in any case, since
>it's important to integrate into frameworks that already
>define their own base class.  Is it sufficient?  Hmmm ...
>almost certainly not, IMHO.  Even so, it's on the roadmap.

This is part of the capability being added to Coins release 2
(Early access now, general release end of this month).

Coins will wrap user objects, with support for things like
EventListener registration between user objects specified in
the CSchema as a kind of refId attribute.

What I'm trying to do with it is demonstrate the use of XML to
compose an awt program from a mix of standard awt
components and user application code.

Bill

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)