Fw: XML query language and another OS/XML suggestion

xml xml at 0000000.com
Thu Apr 1 02:33:28 BST 1999

A version of ls that outputs xml would be useful for some tasks.
However, it appears that the xmls project you mentioned is just the
standard BSD unix tools distribution.

An xml encoder/decoder en miniature would be really helpful for this kind of
task.  (A parser with some understanding of the context around it).  I'm
working on such a beast now.

I spent some time looking at other source code distributions for parsing XML
and none of them seemed suitable.  So I'll let y'all know how mine turns
out.

Thomas

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)