XSL as XML transformation

Rick Jelliffe ricko at allette.com.au
Thu Apr 8 21:17:33 BST 1999

From: John E. Simpson <simpson at polaris.net>

>At 04:39 PM 4/8/1999 +0100, Leigh Dodds wrote:

>>Does this mean that its possible to use XSL to do transformation
>>from one XML document type to another? If so are there any gotchas
>>that I should be concerned with?

Another gotcha is (as far as I can figure out) that you cannot do
transformations like [given a source content model for x of (y, z, w) ]

In other words, XSL works best if you are using data in which all
grouping of element types are explicitly done using tags. This is a
major pain: I have had to alter the QAML (FAQ) DTD for it.
I would be happy to be wrong: this is probably the wrong list to
ask.

Rick Jelliffe

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)