XML Parser in Unix C++ (perhaps DEC UNIX?)

Steve Oldmeadow smo at jst.com.au
Wed Apr 14 02:41:11 BST 1999

You may want to have a look at
http://www.halcyon.com/www3/jesjones/Whisper/Home.html

Whisper is a cross platform framework for Macintosh and Win32 but it
includes the source to an XML parser.  I had a look at the source code and
it looks like it would be fairly easy to port to other platforms.  The only
problem I could see was that it does not follow the SAX or DOM standards but
the same principles are used and it probably wouldn't be too hard to create
a partly compliant DOM or SAX wrapper around what is there.

You may also want to check out the GNOME and KDE linux projects.  Both are
using XML in one way or another.  I use GNOME and noticed that there is a
libxml library but have not had the chance to check out the source yet, I'd
guess it is C based though.

Steve Oldmeadow
Justice Systems Technologies

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)