jtauber at jtauber.com
Wed Apr 14 18:51:21 BST 1999
> Thanks for the suggestions, James
> Yes, this is 80% of what I'm looking for. The other 20% is:
> If I could 'include' a reference to the optional paragraph (which will
> in a database) instead of directly embedding it in the XSL template (I
> to reuse the same optional paragraph in a number of documents).
> What if I store the paragraph references as database selects in the XSL
> template and do the work of retrieving them from the database before the
> engine does its work? Is there a better way?
What you might do is "construct" the XSL stylesheet by piecing together
things in the database. You can do this just with your file system by using
entities, seeing as XSL stylesheets are XML documents.
> It sounds like it's time to read up on XSL.
You won't regret it :-)
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)
More information about the Xml-dev