pre newbie question

Buss, Jason A jabuss at cessna.textron.com
Mon Apr 19 15:10:56 BST 1999

Hi Bruce.

As far as I know, The release of MSIE5 should have this file already.  The
reason that you are asked to transform the XML to HTML is because the only
way (that I know of) to display XML natively in IE5 is using CSS, and there
have been some issues regarding the support of CSS in IE5.  They have put a
great deal of effort into using XSL with IE5 (for some reason).  So you will
probably be safer using XSL to transform XML to HTML as opposed to using XML
with CSS.  It's just one of those things.  The browsers are in the early
stages of adopting XML so there will be some working around and what have
you until some of the working drafts really become recommendations, and the
browser technology catches up with the standards.  Look for Mozilla in about
6 months.  There are a great number of anticipated XML features promised for
the next release.

good luck,

Jason A. Buss
Single Engine Technical Publications