ignore/include

Fabio Arciniegas A. l-arcini at uniandes.edu.co
Wed Apr 28 01:13:39 BST 1999

Hi everyone.
While I haven't seen much of the include/ignore keywords in real life,
it seems to me that they are a powerful resource, and I was wondering if
there is some sort of standard preprocessing that can be applied to
them.

Let me expand this. Pre processor directives (when using languages like
C++) are sometimes regarded as ways of expresing "versions" of the code
since they may actually change much of it depending on various factors
like previously defined constants (you know, #ifdef ...).
I was wondering... is there some way to actually pre-process the DTD
declaration or bind an include/ignore statement to a condition so we can
have a similar behavior for DTDs?.

Fabio

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)