(Real) XML Content Management Systems ?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald at ncl.ac.uk
Thu Aug 5 15:48:35 BST 1999

At 3:38 pm -0700 5/8/99, Morten Christensen wrote:
>Does anybody know of good Content Management Systems (CMSs) with:
>   a) Direct XML support at the element checkin/checkout level.- Which I
>would call a REAL XML CMS!!
>   b) Support for XML but not at the element checkin/checkout level
>(where XML can be represented as "blocks of binary data").
>
>Or, alternatively databases with direct XML support, from which it would
>be able to "easily" build a mini XML "CMS" ?
>
>Presently I only know of one real XML CMS. This system is from POET. I
>would be very interested in learning of alternatives!!! Especially
>high-performance, scalable and customizable alternatives for "big"
>solutions!
>
>Thanks,
>Morten Christensen,  R&L

Not sure if it fits all your requirements, but the XMLDocument
'product' recently announced on the Zope mailing list does some of it
(edit at an element level). No DTD validation (yet) and it is Alpha,
but it's pretty impressive.

http://www.zope.org and

  * Amos Latteier announced the availability of XML Document 1.0a1 a
Zope product for using XML. A couple days later, XML Document made it
into public CVS.

   http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-July/007126.html
   http://www.zope.org/Download/XMLDocument
   http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/1999-July/000990.html

hth
tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)