xml-dev Digest V1 #343

WorldNet csgallagher at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 16 02:23:09 BST 1999

> Morten Christensen <mmc at r-l.de> on 08/05/99 06:38:22 PM
> Does anybody know of good Content Management Systems (CMSs) with:

Allaire, http://www.allaire.com/ has been making noise in this regard.
Their new product Spectra is said to be a roles-based content management
system and is moderately priced. Allaire also recently acquired JRun
who had made lots of rain with their Java Server Pages. Allaire has also
pioneered something they call Web Distributed Data eXchange or WDDX which
uses XML for serialized data publishing, where serializing as I understand
it is intended to support syndicated publishing. I also have come to
perceive this effort to provide an interface between disparate data
structures.

Please let us all know what you think after taking a look at their
product platform.

-- Regards
Clinton Gallagher
http://www.metromilwaukee.com/