Programming "Glue Layer" between the database and XML

James Robertson jamesr at steptwo.com.au
Tue Aug 17 01:18:32 BST 1999

At 05:01 17/08/1999 , Jim Garrett wrote:

>>So is anyone working on or has worked on the
>>glue programming glue that lets one suck data
>>from the SQL database into the XML doc ??
>>Or is this list just concerned with just starting from
>>the XML document up to the web user ??

Omnimark has the ability to access ODBC
data sources as part of an XML processing
operation.

(Although, to my mind there are easier
ways. Like writing a simple export in Delphi,
etc that just writes the SQL data to XML.
And then I use Omnimark to convert that to
HTML, etc.)

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy