Why no CDATA in XSLT.

Wang, Dapeng Dapeng.Wang at Dresdner-Bank.com
Wed Aug 18 16:40:49 BST 1999

Hi,

I'm facing the problem that I have to translate XMLs to some own designed
markup languages similar to HTML. But the destination markup up language is
not well formed in the sense of XML. So I have to output some ill-formed
tags like <use date> in the XSL rules. But I think there is no way to output
< and & as raw data. Neither is CDATA-section allowed. How can I solve this
problem.

I think CDATA-section is neccessary for XSLT, for people do not always
translate one XML into another XML, but especially in this beginnng phase,
also translate XML to non-XML like HTML. I knew that Microsoft has defined
its own xsl:cdata. Is there any other tool which can handle it correctly.

Thanks.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)