XML to dvi

JR Gardner jgardner at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Thu Aug 19 16:04:41 BST 1999

Greetings:

DuCharme/Megginson/Staflin's Emacs-related contributions for SGML/XML are
excellent, and I've been able to work out a great deal of what is needed
for our Math/Engineering students who do their writing in Unix.  However,
as they are most all a LaTeX gang, I'm wondering about utilities for
converting their .xml output from Emacs with psgml/xml modes to dvi (for
those discipline-specific journals &c. in which they want to publish
relevant sections of their research).

I've looked through Goossens' and Rahtz' book _The LaTeX Web Companion:
Integrating TeX, HTML, and XML_ (Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1999), and
have not seen any reference.  I recall one time seeing such a gizmo--
maybe perl or java-- on one of the XML sites but haven't seen it since.

I know this is more of a mundane "user-end" question than a pure
"development" programmer's/spec-reviewer question.  Pardons in advance for
such a pedestrian question.

Many kind thanks in advance,

jr
John Robert Gardner, Ph.D.