XSL with XT

Wang, Dapeng Dapeng.Wang at Dresdner-Bank.com
Fri Aug 20 12:24:37 BST 1999

Hi,

I have a question about XSL. I want to apply different alignments to the TD
element depending on the value of the TH. The document looks like
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TH><TEXT>Name</TEXT></TH>
<TH><TEXT>Age</TEXT></TH>
<TH><TEXT>Gender</TEXT></TH>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD><TEXT>Tom</TEXT></TD>
<TD><TEXT>22</TEXT></TD>
<TD><TEXT>Male</TEXT></TD>
</TABLE>

For example I want add ALIGN="RIGHT" attribute to the TD-Elements in the
Age-column. So I definied XSL-rule like this.

  <xsl:template match="TD">
	<xsl:choose>
	<xsl:when
test="normalize(ancestor::TABLE//TH[position()]/TEXT)=Age'">
	  <TD ALIGN="RIGHT">
	</xsl:when>
	<xsl:otherwise>
	  <TD>
	</xsl:otherwise>
	<xsl:value-of select="./TEXT"/>
	</xsl:choose>
  </xsl:template>

It doesn't work. So I tried to produce some output justbefore yxsl:choose>
with the line

<xsl:value-of select="concat(position(),
normalize(ancestor::TABLE//TH[position()]/TEXT))"/>

And the output is

1Name
2Name
3Name

It seems that the position() function in the [] is not evaluated everytime.
It always get the value 1.

Any idea?

Thanks.
Dapeng Wang