Bundling binary files and XML documents

Mike Lepley mlepley at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 24 21:11:47 BST 1999

Thanks!

I also found another interesting solution, which doesn't use an ENTITY.  You
could add an encoded binary file in the XML document, like so:

<PICTURE>
   <NAME>my_picture.jpg</NAME>
   <BINARY Type="64">l;jqwuALQLWEKufdlk1sadfjl1JF</BINARY>
</PICTURE>

and decode the binary when the XML document is received.

What do you think?

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)