ATTN: Please comment on XHTML (before it's too late)

David Megginson david at megginson.com
Sun Aug 29 18:16:51 BST 1999

Oren Ben-Kiki writes:

 > > >Unlike the last XHTML Working Draft, this PR has reverted to defining
 > > >*three* separate XHTML Namespace URIs (transitional, strict, and
 > > >frameset) with the threat of more HTML Namespaces in the future.
 >
 > Is this a done deal?

Not until it goes to Recommendation (REC).  The W3C director is now
collecting comments from the Advisory Committee (AC) representatives
before deciding whether to promote to REC: if you belong to a W3C
member company, it would be *very* useful to ask your AC
representative to send formal comments to Tim B-L.

I think that it is also important, however, for other members of the
XML community (like me) to send in comments, even though we don't have
the same official standing as W3C members.

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 david at megginson.com
           http://www.megginson.com/