Request for Thread Fragmentation

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Mon Aug 30 16:37:16 BST 1999

Could folks please try to break up the threads for XHTML?

It feels like we have several questions going simultaneously, and following
them is hard when everything is under one banner.

We've got:
* Namespaces and versioning

* Binding namespaces to schemas (viability issue)

* Complexity of specs as anvil handed to coyote falling off large cliff

* Programming with namespaces

* Questions about three versions of HTML (I just split that one off)

And many more.

It feels like the large and violent namespaces discussion we had back in
January and February is back - hold on to your cheetos! - as we discuss the
first large, complex, critically important, and marquee application for
namespaces.  If we could break it down into smaller threads, I think we
might have a better chance of following each other's arguments and coming
to conclusions, at least small ones.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer (2nd Ed - September)
Building XML Applications