XML Parsers for Java -- Recommendations?

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 31 23:50:55 BST 1999

Mike Lepley wrote:

> I'm going to use an XML parser for my code. I was interested in different
> XML to DOM parsers for Java, and wondered if anyone had some recommendations
> / non-recommendations.
>
> Is there a parser that you couldn't live without?  Or how about a parser
> that makes you want to kill the programmer? :-)

Have a look at the parser conformance test results on my web page at

	http://home.pacbell.net/david-b/xml/

Those are for SAX interfaces, but many of the packages that can produce
a DOM tree use the same core engine that the SAX API excercises.  That is,
the same level of XML conformance will normally come through DOM.

If anything makes me want to kill a programmer, it's the level of
gratuitous nonconformance that a few of those parsers show!

- Dave

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)