Some questions

Jeffrey E. Sussna jes at kuantech.com
Thu Dec 2 00:21:12 GMT 1999

Well, you need both. You need the shared concept of "author" and the shared
representation of an instance of that concept. XML specs of various kinds
are trying to define shared representations at various semantic layers. Both
vertical and horizontal vocabulary efforts (Dublin Core, BizTalk, etc.) are
required to complete the equation.

Jeff

P.S. Please don't bash me for mentioning BizTalk. It was an arbitrary
example.

mailto:xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN
981-02-3594-1