Schema Question

Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM steven.livingstone at scotent.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 11:54:43 GMT 1999

Hi all -
I've got a question on X-Schema for anyone who may be of help.

I am creating an XML Schema for an XML document which is to dynamically
generated.
I am ok with most of it, but there is one particular part where I may have
any number of elements, but with the same property.

So i may have

<element_properties>
<color>red</color>
<mixed_with_na>green</mixed_with_na>
..
..
..
</element_properties>

The element properties could be called anything, but have the same type of
value.

Is there a way to specify a variable for the element name, but set it's
type, say, to string so that any element created under <element_properties>
could be called anything but follow predetermined validation ?

Beyond that, I will stick to the normal <property name="x" value="y"/>
technique with validtion which isn't really a problem, but the other
would/could be useful !?

Cheers
Steven

Steven Livingstone - http://www.citix.com
07771 957 280 or +447771957280

Professional Site Server 3, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002696
Professional Site Server 3.0 Commerce Edition, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002505