Any XML Schemas validators out yet ?

Anders W. Tell anderst at toolsmiths.se
Fri Dec 3 00:31:29 GMT 1999

"DuCharme, Robert" wrote:

> >So Im wondering if there are any tools that can validate XML Schemas
> >themselfs
> >and maybe also validate XML documents using XML Schemas ?
>
> At least for W3C Schemas:
>
> Being XML documents themselves, you can take the DTD in Appendix B of the
> schema proposal and validate your schema against that using any validating
> parser.

I tried this but MS Explorer 5.0.2919 reports this error in the XML Schema proposal:

Attribute 'xmlns:' must be a #FIXED attribute. Line 17, Position 18

                 model      (open|refinable|closed) 'closed' >
-----------------^

Maybe Im using the wrong Schema ,
"http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-xmlschema-1-19991105/structures.dtd" ?

> To validate XML documents against these schemas, the only thing I know of
> out there is the Xerces parser at xml.apache.org.

Thanks, Ill have a look.

Best
/Anders