simple XML for C++ application data-file I/O

Paul Miller stele at fxtech.com
Mon Dec 6 01:08:39 GMT 1999

> :: I've seen a lot of discussion about DOM, SAX, RDF, etc. but none of the
> :: solutions I've seen are very simple or straightforward for generic
> :: application data I/O (ie. non web, e-commerce, Java-type stuff). In
> :: other words, I'm about to roll my own, and would like to gauge interest
> :: in a small callback-based API for simple XML I/O.

> Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about IPC, RPC?
> Have you looked at XML-RPC and SOAP?

I should have been more clear. I just want to use XML for simple
non-web-bound application data files (document files). I need a
non-validating parser that I can use to efficiently parse my application
data, without all the complexity (and overhead) of something like DOM,
but not as general-purpose as expat.

> <Heh. Nine acronyms embedded in one brief msg.>

Yeah, XML has definitely helped spawn plenty of new TLAs.

Paul Miller - stele at fxtech.com