SAX/C++: Changes for C++

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Mon Dec 6 14:06:36 GMT 1999

* Steinar Bang

| I would like to be able to create a "push" stream, ie. something
| similar to a libwww stream, where data that arrives asynchronously
| will just be "pushed" to the parser as they arrive.
|
| expat already supports this, and I use it.

We added support for this as an extension in the Python version of
SAX, since several of the Python parsers support this (xmllib, xmlproc
and pyexpat). This was simply done by adding three methods on the
extended parser interface: reset, feed and close.

For C++ SAX2 this might be done through a property
(http://.../push-stream) which returns a PushStream implementation
with these three methods to allow you to push data into parsers which
support this.

Some means of specifying the URL of the document entity is probably
also a good idea, for resolution of relative URLs.

--Lars M.