nestable C/C++ XML parser?

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Tue Dec 7 17:53:26 GMT 1999

* Lars Marius Garshol

| The only application I see for this sort of thing is to be able to
| work around XML syntax rules,

* Toby Speight

| I see a demand for parsing a document with SAX, but using some
| start-tags to switch to building DOM (or DOM-like) objects, returning
| to stream-oriented processing afterwards.

Sure, I too see a need for this, and I've even implemented it.
However, this is something completely different from doing parsing on
behalf of the parser. Parsing is turning a stream of bytes (or
characters) into something higher-level, but this is not what you are
talking about.

As far as I understood him, the original poster wanted to do the
parsing (that is, the reading and interpretation of bytes/chars) on
behalf of expat.

--Lars M.