A processing instruction for robots

Walter Underwood wunder at infoseek.com
Tue Dec 7 18:15:53 GMT 1999

At 10:25 AM 12/6/99 +0100, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

>Second thought: "and the index attribute must be first". This is nice
>for implementors, but is likely to clash with the expectations of
>users and the cost of more generality is very low for implementors.

I'm open to changing this, but I thought I would start
with the most strict version. The advantage of the strict
version is that it doesn't need to be parsed. The Desparate
Perl Hacker can do four regex compares for the four variants
and get back to work.

Maybe folks who've worked with authors on SGML systems have
some relevant experience. Is this too strict for folks that
aren't tamed by computers?

wunder
--
Walter R. Underwood