nestable C/C++ XML parser?

Paul Miller stele at fxtech.com
Tue Dec 7 18:56:42 GMT 1999

> I've got a hunch that what he really wanted to do was "pull" the
> higher-level somethings rather than have them "pushed" at him, i.e. call a
> function to get the next something rather than have the parser make a
> callback, presumably because he needs to maintain some state and he'd like
> to do it via flow-of-control rather than setting and testing state
> variables.

No, I did want things pushed at me (via callbacks), but I want the
opportunity to do some object-specific processing "inside" one of the
callbacks, after the next set of *nested* elements were processed. This
requires a nestable parser, where I can pick up the parsing inside a
different scope. One of the examples I presented yesterday sort of
illustrates what I want to accomplish.

Paul Miller - stele at fxtech.com