SAX and <!DOCTYPE>

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Sat Dec 11 13:41:36 GMT 1999

* Lars Marius Garshol

| In the XSA client, which needs to accept both XSA and OSD documents,
| but can't tell them apart before parsing begins, uses a
| DispatchingDocHandler, which has a hash of DocumentHandlers keyed on
| the name of the document element. In this very restricted case that
| worked just fine.

* Steinar Bang

| [...]
| It looks like a dispatching from a DocumentHandler is the best idea,
| but then I need to be able to queue up SAX DocumentHandler events to
| send to the actual DocumentHandler when I start it.

If you dispatch on the document element this is easy, since the only
events you can get before it (in SAX 1.0, that is) are PI events. In
my handler I simply stuffed those into a Vector and replayed them when
the correct DocumentHandler had been selected.

| Hm... maybe an clone() function an a virtual destructor are in order
| for the C++ AttributeList class...?

There is an equivalent to a cloning function in the AttributeListImpl
class already:

--Lars M.