xpointer - just a location mechanism?

Frank Boumphrey bckman at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 16 20:38:31 GMT 1999

> So, does that mean that if I want to use the xLink embed capability then
> I must necessarily use the 'to' facility in my xpointer?

Well actually the xpath language returns not the starting point of the
insert, but the node object desribed by the expression itself, so if you do
not use the 'to' keyword, just the node described by xpath should be
embedded. The 'to' key word gives us a way to embed a document fragment
extending across several nodes.

Frank

Certainly the to key word is the way