XML parsing memory overhead concerns (fwd)

Clark C. Evans clark.evans at manhattanproject.com
Sat Dec 18 17:19:21 GMT 1999

Paul,

James posted the answer to your concern a while
back... (it took me a while to grok what he
was saying).   Sean's description is correct,
only he didn't mention "how" you do it with expat.
James describes this below.  You only send "part"
of the XML stream at any given time, it fires
callbacks filling up your event buffer, as
Sean describes.  Evidently expat handles
"restarting" mid element..

Clark