ANNOUNCE: VirtualXML. An on-line Course on XML

Rzepa, Henry rzepa at tesco.net
Mon Dec 20 21:07:46 GMT 1999

Through a collaboration between  Graphnet and CMLConsulting,  we are
pleased to announce a Web-based  Virtual course on XML (VirtualXML).

 The start date will be mid January, 2000, and the course will comprise three
modules, each of approximately one month duration.

All course material is prepared in XML (XHTML) and managed as XML entities.
We shall use this to demonstrate many features of XML including:
- navigation strategies depending on experience and interests of course members
- indexing free text *in context*
- normalisation of effort through hyperlinking to central resources
- restructuring of material
- rendering course material in different forms (XHTML, FOs, RTF/PDF, etc.)
- communal contributions to course material through agreed addressing schemes

VirtualXML will be a unique development in learning and communal activity.
Because all the  course material will be created in XML, we have a remarkable store
of real XML documents and activities to work with. We benefit greatly from the
wide range of XML tools available, which we can help you to install and use,
whatever your environment and experience.

If you or your company is interested in participating, please complete the on-line
questionnaire, which is available at the course home page on

http://www.cmlconsulting.com/ or via the link
http://www.cmlconsulting.com/admin/registration.html