Filtering and sorting using xsl

tmmet tvp tmmet at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 31 01:55:09 GMT 1999

Hi,
Can anyone help me out/suggest me an idea.I would be glad if anyone atleast
mail me with an idea to work out this problem.

I've a list box with all the tag name attributes in my xml file .
Say as,
Filter using :
Title,
Author,
name,
Id

When I click on/select from this list box,I should filter my xml file using
the attribute(text) that I selected from the list box and create a tree
view(as in explorer).I've to do this filtering and tree view display using
xsl.Filtering is not working for me.
In my java script,
var source
var style
function OnLoad()
{
	source = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.xmlDOM");
	source.load("test.xml");
	if(source.parseError.reason != "")
	alert("XML File Load Error :" + "The Error is " +
source.parseError.errorCode + source.parseError.errorString);
	style = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.xmlDOM");
	style.load("style.xsl");
	if(style.parseError.reason != "")
	alert("XSL File Load Error :" +  "Error No is " +
style.parseError.errorCode);
	filterField = sorter.documentElement.selectSingleNode("//@match[0]");
    sortField = style.documentElement.selectSingleNode("//@order-by");
  	filterField.value = "SUBCHAPTER[@ID = \'1']"
    document.all.TreeViewDisplay.innerHTML =
source.transformNode(style.documentElement);
}

Can you help me out.This is very urgent.If you have time,can you help me?.
In my xsl file,

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">
  <!-- Identity transformation template -->

  <xsl:template>
  <xsl:copy>
  <xsl:apply-templates select="@* | * | comment() | pi() | text()"/>
  </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="/">
	<xsl:apply-templates select="//CHAPTER"/>
  </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="SUBCHAPTER[@ID = '2']" />

<xsl:template match="CHAPTER">
//do the tree view code here
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="SUBCHAPTER">
//do the tree view code here
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet >

Filetering is not working.
I don't know where is the exact error.
Its displaying the entire contents.Its not filtering.
Can you please help  me out.
Thanks in advance.