Component Markup Language

Matthew Sergeant (EML) Matthew.Sergeant at eml.ericsson.se
Thu Feb 4 17:20:12 GMT 1999

HTML 4 isn't quite up to providing a full GUI, even with the DOM. For
example you can't do menu's. You can't do buttons with images on them (I'm
not talking about images that are buttons), you can't do tabbed dialogs
(well, you can, but it's non-trivial), I'm sure there are other things. Of
course you could add these things into HTML 5, but I don't think it's worth
going down that road.

Matt.
--
http://come.to/fastnet
Perl on Win32, PerlScript, ASP, Database, XML

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)