Component Markup Language

Benedetto, Christopher CBenedet at Bluestone.com
Thu Feb 4 19:04:16 GMT 1999

The Bluestone XML-Server can dynamically generate and receive XML documents.
It can also enable legacy integration for the enterprise very
cost-effectively.

The reason why we make the distinction of the dynamic XML server is that
it's not like other products out there. There are a lot of XML servers that
are focused on being repositories and content managers. Dynamic XML servers
generate XML documents that are very short-lived - they get sent to a
browser for display, or to another application to be used, or to another XML
server to do enterprise application integration.

Specifically, the Bluestone XML-Server connects to any DB via JDBC, supports
RMI, IIOP, SSL and HTTP protocols, can be exposed as an EJB, runs in any
JVM, and in conjunction with Bluestone's Sapphire/Web application server,
can dynamically scale to 100 million interactions and integrate with nearly
a dozen back-end business data objects (SAP, Peoplesoft, CICS, MQSeries,
etc).

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Bray [mailto:tbray at textuality.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 1999 1:34 PM
To: Dave Winer; xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
Subject: RE: Component Markup Language

At 09:13 AM 2/4/99 -0800, Dave Winer wrote:
>>>In addition to XwingML, we have announced Bluestone's XML-Server, the
first
>generally available Dynamic XML Server
>
>I would like to know what this means.

It means nothing, like most windy marketing BS.  There have now been
half a dozen announcements of "The First XML Server/Repository/" or
permutations of that name. -Tim

Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN
981-02-3594-1
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following