Component Markup Language

Dave Winer dave at userland.com
Thu Feb 4 19:16:37 GMT 1999

>Dynamic XML servers generate XML documents that are very short-lived -
they get sent to a browser for display, or to another application to be
used, or to another XML server to do enterprise application integration.

After Tim Bray's response, I'm not sure much more needs to be said, other
than we've been doing that, starting in late 1997. We've not been shy about
our accomplishments, a simple search of the XML-DEV list or AltaVista would
have revealed that you were not first, not by a long shot.

One other thing, XML, in my view, is about compatibility, so being first is
worse than meaningless, it says you have nothing to offer in the way of
compatibility.

Dave

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)