Storing Lots of Fiddly Bits (was Re: What is XML for?)

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Fri Feb 5 05:22:06 GMT 1999

"Borden, Jonathan" wrote:
> ...[lots and lots] ... and then ...
> So lets compare apples to apples. Which data access API do you wish to use?

I don't want an API. I want layers of objects. At the bottom level I have
either storage objects or records in a table. At the higher layers I have
abstractions over those objects. Using objects I can build a 1-tier,
2-tier, 3-tier or n-tier system. I can have as many levels of business
rules and clients and servers as I need. I can also query objects and
build object schemas using standardized, multiply-implemented languages.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did,
but she did it backwards and in high heels."
                                               --Faith Whittlesey

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)