Colonialism, SAX, Java, and Namespaces

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Fri Feb 5 16:44:39 GMT 1999

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> At 09:25 AM 2/5/99 -0600, Paul Prescod wrote:
> >I'm also someone who recognizes that it is not appropriate to dumb down
> >everything so that I *CAN* understand it in its entirety.
>
> Fine, Paul.  Keep using the 'dumb down' vocabulary to show everyone what
> you really think of the 'average developer'.

I used the term *dumb down* in reference to *myself*. The average
developer is a dummy in all but a few fields, just like me. We cannot
restrict all fields until they are simple enough for everyone to
understand. As someone pointed out recently, we wouldn't have a
technologically advancing civilization if we did that. If we cannot agree
on that much then further discussion is not going to be productive.
 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did,
but she did it backwards and in high heels."
                                               --Faith Whittlesey

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)