What Clean Specs Achieve

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Sat Feb 6 18:18:18 GMT 1999

At 10:07 AM 2/6/99 -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
>At 12:58 PM 2/6/99 -0500, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>>
>>But is anyone here trying to _implement_ Java?  Lots of folks here are
>>indeed trying to _implement_ XML 1.0 (parsers and SAX), XLink and XPointer,
>>Namespaces, XSL, etc.  It's not like we're only trying to _use_ them, as is
>>the case with Java (or SQL, another example that's been bounced around.)
>
>Most of them seem to be succeeding.  What should we conclude? -Tim

Most people who don't succeed, don't announce.  We can't conclude anything.

Judging from the volume of questions (and controversy) on this and its
sibling lists (XSL-list, xlxp-dev), there's a lot of improvement that could
be made.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (March)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)