"Clean Specs"

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Mon Feb 8 01:13:57 GMT 1999

At 04:01 PM 2/7/99 -0800, Don Park wrote:
>I am disappointed that you chose to follow this line of thinking.
>Not really at my best,

Yeah, I wasn't either yesterday.  Apologies to everyone here for being
nasty.  Everyone in the XML activity takes the opinions expressed here
very seriously.

I gotta say, though, the XML spec now feels to me like a ramshackle
compromise that only just barely works, while namespaces do one simple
thing and nail it down tight as a drum.   Here's how bad it is; I'm
working on an Annotated namespaces, just like annotated XML - and I'm
having serious difficulty figuring out what to write. -Tim

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)