"Clean Specs"

Borden, Jonathan jborden at mediaone.net
Mon Feb 8 02:03:27 GMT 1999

Murray Maloney wrote:

> Tim, I trust that the namespace spec makes perfect sense to you.
> But it does not make sense to me and many others. Take a step
> back and look/listen again. I sense that you are so close to it
> that you just don't see the monstrous chasms that others do.
...>
> From my point of view, namespaces is a "ramshackle compromise".
> I give you credit for appreciating that many/most of us aren't stupid.

	Is the problem here the content of the namespace spec or the way it is
written? It seems to me that people who feel that the spec is a compromise,
or wish the spec specified something different, are unhappy. If you really
don't understand the spec, how can you claim it is a ramshackle compromise?
I suspect that you understand it and don't like it.

	The problem doesn't appear to be the way the spec is written and a
professional writer won't solve that problem.

Jonathan Borden
http://jabr.ne.mediaone.net

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)