Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Tue Feb 9 16:03:39 GMT 1999

At 02:58 PM 2/8/99 -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
>For example (I just checked) if you use
>expat and enable namespace processing, you just don't see the
>xmlns attributes - I don't think this is compulsory, but it also
>isn't surprising.

This worries me - I'd like to think namespaces (and even their prefixes)
should be able to survive a round trip through a parser and back to a file.
 Dropping the xmlns: attributes makes that a lot harder.  Given that some
documents may have to go through both namespace-aware and namespace-blind
processing, that could lead to some serious pile-ups.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (March)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)