URIs as IDs in ModSAX (was Re: ModSAX (SAX 1.1) Proposal) (fwd)

Don Park donpark at quake.net
Thu Feb 18 20:09:07 GMT 1999

Whether my opinion is based on ignorance or optimism,  I have no problem
with using URI for feature names.  As long as people make some effort to
protect ourselves, I think URI will serve our needs.  Common feature names
can be maintained at one sight and some reasonable rules about how to insure
uniqueness.  As far as standards for URI goes, it is my belief that if there
is no standard then there is no great need for the standard.  Please don't
forget to discount by 25% to account for my usual rate of exaggeration.

Lets move on.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse