Streaming XML (Was RE: XML Information Set Requirements, W3C Note 18-February-1999)

Lauren Wood lauren at sqwest.bc.ca
Tue Feb 23 22:27:30 GMT 1999

"Steven R. Newcomb" wrote:

> The "SGML property set" is one such property set,
> and it's the property set that governs the
> structure and nature of the objects to which
> Jade's groveoa interface provides access.  Think
> of a property set as a schema for the objects that
> result from parsing (and/or from semantic
> processing, but that's another story for another
> day).
>
> The DOM is not a grove; it is an API.

And for those interested in the history of the DOM, we started with
the SGML property set as a basis (along with the APIs implemented in
various products such as HTML browsers and SGML editors). So it's
not surprising that various APIs that deal with these sorts of
documents have a similar feel to them, though they differ in the
details.

Lauren

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)