FW: Docs for namespace and other processing instructions?

Jeffrey E. Sussna jes at kuantech.com
Tue Jan 5 02:06:05 GMT 1999

Thanks to Andrew for the answer to my question. Unfortunately, it raises a couple of other questions:

1. I assume reserved attributes such as "xmlns" need not be declared in DTD's (or other schema mechanisms). Is this correct?

2. Is there, or will there be, a centralized definition of XML reserved objects (attributes, processing instructions, etc.) that may be defined outside the XML spec, but which cut across general usage of the language? I think there should be.

Jeff